What is No Shave November?
“No Shave November” is a fun yet impactful way to show support for prostate cancer survivors and for raising money to support the mission of the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation (APCF). Men of all ages across Arkansas are encouraged to take part in the event either individually or as part of a competition in their workplaces or through social or church groups.
What is the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation?
APCF was founded in 2000 by six businessmen who had been diagnosed with prostate cancer. We encourage awareness, promote timely detection, and support improved treatment of prostate cancer across Arkansas. We believe no man should fight this disease alone.
Where does the funding go and what is it used for?
APCF will receive all proceeds from No Shave November. All money raised will support APCF’s free awareness and educational programs, free prostate cancer screenings and free patient assistance programs. EVERY DOLLAR RAISED STAYS IN ARKANSAS.
Here’s How It Works:
- In October, start talking about No Shave November.
- Make the ask. Ask the men in your life to go 30 days without shaving for a great cause.
- Raise dollars for APCF through your efforts. See the details below.
- All individual participants raising $50 or more receive a “No Shave” t-shirt.
- Prizes will be awarded both individually and for groups based on money raised.
If participating as an individual:
- Shave on October 31, take a photo, then put away your razor for the month of November
- Make a donation to APCF and ask family and friends to donate in your name. Donate online here.
- Post your progress pictures to social media using #NoShaveAPCF and tag Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or LinkedIn.
If participating as a group:
- Use the sign-up sheet for your organization’s commitments to participate in No Shave November and keep track of everyone participating
- Select a minimum per-participant donation amount ($5, $10, $20, $50) for those in your group. This money will be collected and donated to APCF (Raise a minimum team total of $250 and receive 5 “No Shave” t-shirts).
- Select a Team Captain in your office, business, or group to collect and secure all money received
- Need ideas for friendly competition? Check out the list below for suggestions. Also, share your competition ideas via the #NoShaveAPCF hashtag on social media.
- Ask group members to post progress pictures to social media using #NoShaveAPCF
- Ask your company to participate by matching the funds your group raises
- During the week of November 30, plan to drop off donations to the Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation, 1910 N. Grant St. Suite 1, Little Rock, AR 72207.
Contact APCF at (501) 379-8027 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Suggestions for No Shave November:
- Competitions and awards for different categories of beards, such as…
- Best Beard
- Most Manly (“Grizzly Adams” beard)
- Really, you haven’t shaved in weeks?
- Or you can make up your own category – send us your suggestions
- Have your office or group vote on each man by category
- Sell vote ballots for $1.00 each ($10 = 10 voting ballots)
- Vote early, vote often! Stuffing the ballot box is actually encouraged!
- Develop prizes for your group (legit or gag, such as razor, grooming kit, fake beard)
Click here for the team sign-up sheet.
Remember – It is all for a great cause and a wonderful way to have fun!
Speaking of fun…
Our very own Chris Collier is going head to head with Arkansas Municipal League’s Mark Hayes to see who can raise the most money….and keep their beard! Follow along on our social media to see who’s gaining momentum and who just might have to lose their entire beard of over 30 years! Check out each of their videos pleading for your help here.