Our annual fundraiser… with a new look
Join us in Little Rock at the Chenal Country Club for a night celebrating the refined sites, sounds, and tastes of the sophisticated adventurer.
Enjoy bourbon tastings and hands on experiences designed to honor our inaugural No Shave Club Members, and to help us welcome our next class of No Shave Club Members.
Date: Thursday, August 11, 2022 | 6-9 pm
Location: Chenal Country Club, Little Rock
To purchase tickets for this exciting night out, follow this link or you can call the APCF office.
APCF announces honorees, date for annual fundraiser
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – The Arkansas Prostate Cancer Foundation will honor the founding members of their No Shave Club during a fundraiser at the Chenal Country Club on Thursday, Aug. 11. THV 11’s Tom Brannon will serve as the guest emcee for the night’s events.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer affecting men and the second leading cause of cancer deaths, but it’s nearly 100 percent survivable if detected early. Pandemic lifestyle changes caused by too many people to put off their regular health exams, potentially allowing a treatable condition to grow deadly.
Bourbon, Beards and Blue Ribbons will serve as a fundraiser, and as the lead into Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, a month-long effort by APCF to increase statewide awareness of prostate cancer by providing FREE screening events to help ensure that no man will face prostate cancer alone, APCF Executive Director Chris Collier said.
“We are doing something different with our largest fundraiser this year,” Collier said. “We’re opting for a fun, interactive evening as opposed to the traditional sit-down dinner and dance. Guests will have the opportunity to participate in eight different experiences we’re calling ‘Odyssey adventures,’ ranging from axe throwing to fly fishing casting demonstrations, and, for our gentlemen guests, a custom beard bar courtesy of Capitol Barber Shop.”
All money raised by the Foundation from this event stays in Arkansas, Collier added.
THV11 is the official media sponsor for Bourbon, Beards and Blue Ribbons.
Members of the inaugural No Shave Club class include:
- David Ashmore, UAMS Rockefeller Cancer Institute
- Dr. Kyle Basham, Baptist Health Urology Clinic Fort Smith
- Robert Burnett, Bank of America
- William Clark, Clark Contractors
- John Curreri, Edward Jones
- Dr. Fred Divers, Genesis Cancer and Blood Institute
- Bill Fletcher, Williamson Insurance Agency
- Dr. Xiang Gao, CARTI
- Kenny Gunderman, Uniti
- Scott Hamilton, Urban League of Arkansas
- Muskie Harris, 100 Black Men of Greater Little Rock
- Dr. Nirmal Kilambi, Northwest Arkansas Urology Associates
- Derek Lewis II, Arkansas Medical, Dental & Pharmaceutical Assoc.
- Dr. Jason Lofton, Lofton Family Clinic and Wellness
- Fredrick Love, Arkansas House of Representatives
- Dwight Moore, Dish Network
- Dr. Robert Muldoon, Genesis Cancer and Blood Institute
- Hank Neely, Ernst & Young
- Harold Perrin, First Security Bank
- David Raath, Hatcher Enterprises
- Ron Rainey, University of Arkansas System, Division of Agriculture
- Stephen Raborn, Raymond James
- Darrin Williams, Southern Bancorp Inc